Mini One Day Event
Sunday 16th September 2018
Upper House Farm
Harpsden Bottom, Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, RG9 4HY
By kind permission of Mr and Mrs T Swete
Classes from pole on the ground to 50cm
For Pony Club Members 12 years and under
Assisted and Unassisted Sections
Additional ring for Clear Round jumping
Entries close Sunday 9th September or when full
Entries Secretary: Horse Events, , or call 07962
251696 (not after 7pm)
Event Organiser: Emma Dag – 07801 657536/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Enter online at www.horse-events.co.uk
About the Competition
An encouraging and low-key event designed for genuine novice riders. Additional support and advise from our team of officials. Competitors to be 12 years and under on 1st January 2017 and be members of The Pony Club.
Our aim is that all riders have a positive experience and receive a ‘completion rosette’. Rules will follows those as set down in the Pony Club Eventing Rules 2017 (http://www.pcuk.org/uploads/eventing/Eventing_Rules_for_web.pdf)
with the following exceptions:
• Combinations may only compete in one class.
• Judges uphold the right to eliminate any rider that they feel is unsafe at any time during the competition.
• All competitors must present for tack inspection at least 20 minutes before each section.
• In class 1, lead ropes must be attached to the noseband or coupling only.
• Assisted means you can be in the ring with the competitor to provide VERBAL guidance and support.
Any leading will result in penalties.
• The rider must be led in Class 1 only.
• Tests may be called in all sections but ‘instructing’ alongside commanding will be penalised by 2 marks in Classes 2-5.
Show Jumping & Cross Country Phase
• During the jumping phases, riders’ must be led in class 1 or can be assisted by ONE person only in Classes 2 and 4.
• After 3 stops at any fence, the rider may continue to the next fence but will incur 50 faults plus the 12 for 1st and 2nd refusal.
• All riders in Classes 3 and 5 who receive outside assistance will be penalized by 10 penalties on each occasion.
• The Cross Country element be within a roped off area.
• In Classes 4 & 5 there may be learner option fences that are lower, but can be jumped with 15 penalties added as per the rule book.
• The XC will not be timed but those deemed going too fast, will be asked to slow down.
• Rosettes awarded to 8th place and prizes in kind.
• Best Dressage Test and Best Turned Out rosette in each section.
• Completion rosette for everyone who finishes.
• Rosette for highest placed Woodland Hunt PC member in each class.
• In the event of equal scores, tack and turnout maybe taken into account.
• The official photographers are Glamorous Event Photography.
• Catering provided by Food4U
• The Van
We are indebted to our sponsors who are sponsoring classes for this event. A very big thank you to them for their support of Woodland Hunt Pony Club.