Woodland Hunt Show Jumping
29th October 2022
Show Jumping 29th October 2022
Woodland Hunt Pony Club
Open Show jumping Competition
Including Preliminary Round of the Pony Club Spring Festival Debut and Pony Club Challenge Classes
Saturday 29th October 2022
To be held at
BCA, Burchetts Green, Maidenhead, Berks SL6 6QR
SES PARAMEDICS IN ATTENDANCE
CATERING VANS: PIZZA PLEASE & ROASTED AND TOASTED
COURSE DESIGNER: ANN LAYLAND
Entries Close: Tuesday 25th October 2022 or sooner if full.
Pre-entries ONLY Enter Via www.horse-events.co.uk
ON THE DAY ONLY: SECRETARY CAROLINE 07866 602 07
Enter Via www.horse-events.co.uk
Welcome to the Woodland Hunt Pony Club Open Show Jumping Competition 2022
Entries can be made online only at www.horse-events.co.uk.
The deadline for entries is Tuesday 25th October 2022 and spaces are strictly limited.
No entries on the day.
No horse or rider changes after the closing date.
No refunds after the closing date without a valid vet or doctor’s certificate.
Competition will be run single phase.
Only two classes per combination BOOKING
If you would like to edit your horse or rider details before the closing date of the event please login to your Horse Events account and edit your booking under the ‘MY BOOKING’ Tab
If you would like to change the class please email firstname.lastname@example.org and if there is space available we will do this for you.
For ALL changes of horse and rider substitutions after the closing date there is a £5 charge please fill out the following form online at: https://www.horseevents.co.uk/rider-horse-substitutions-form/
RESULTS AND ROSETTES
Rosettes to 8 th place
Horsemanship Award in each class sponsored by Posy Knapp BHSI Equestrian Coaching
Clear round rosettes to all who jump a double clear in Class 1 but are not placed Horsemanship Award The Judge is looking for fluency, accuracy, correct basic position and use of the aids and empathy with horse at all times. NUMBERS AND TIMINGS
All classes will run to a strict drawn order of allocated times. Failure to present at the correct time will result in elimination. Times will be posted on www.ponyclubresults.co.uk on Thursday 27h October 2022.
Please print your number at home and wear in a bib or pinned to your jacket on the day. Please avoid bridle numbers that may not be visible from the judge’s box.
We are hugely grateful to all the companies and individuals who kindly sponsor the classes. Without our sponsors A. Johnson Home Developments, The Jennings Family, The Palmer Arms Dorney, The Countess of Macclesfield, The Tweed Hunt and Robinson Sherston our show could not take place
SCHEDULE OF CLASSES
ALL CLASSES WILL BE RUN SINGLE PHASE
All entries are subject to a non-refundable booking fee which will be stated online on a per class basis
A COMPULSORY £5 PARAMEDIC COVER WILL BE APPLIED TO EVERY COMPETITON
We will post updates on timing on the day on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/woodland.hunt.1
1. The organisers reserve the right to refuse any entry without giving a reason.
2. The competition is being run under Pony Club Show Jumping Rules 2022.
3. The decision of the judges and stewards in all cases is final.
4. Any objections must be made in writing and handed to the show secretary within 15 minutes of the incident happening with a deposit of £10.00. In the event that the objection is sustained the deposit will be refunded.
5. Use of the whip must be in accordance with the rules laid down in the Pony Club Show Jumping Rules 2022. Use of the whip will be monitored by the judge and excessive or inappropriate use may result in elimination.
6. Save for the death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers, or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the organisers of this event or The Pony Club nor any agent, employee or representative of these bodies, nor the landlord or his tenant, accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, land, cars, their contents and accessories, or any other personal property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence, breach of contract or in any other way whatsoever. Entries are only accepted on this basis.
7. The organisers of this event have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present at this event. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents. They must obey the instructions of the organisers and all officials and stewards.
8. All non Pony Club competitors are not covered by The Pony Club insurance and must have their own third party cover. The Woodland Hunt Branch of The Pony Club and the organisers of this event are not legally responsible for non Members and their insurance will not cover you.
9. Horses and ponies must be four years or older on the day of the show. We will post updates on timing on the day on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/woodland.hunt.1
10.All competitors must be suitably dressed in correct riding attire. Hats must be approved PAS015, EN1384 or BS EN1384 with BSI Kitemark and chin straps must be correctly fastened at all times when mounted.
11.All entries must be accompanied by the correct fee; each rider will be charged £5 extra towards the cost of Paramedic Cover.
12.All dogs must be kept on a lead.
13.The Organisers reserve the right to alter the programme of events at their discretion and should the event be cancelled for any reason the Organisers reserve the right to retain a proportion of entry fees to cover their expenses.
14.Combinations competing in Class 1 are not permitted to compete in Classes 3 and above.
15.All classes will run under Pony Club Show Jumping 2022 Rule Book. Copies can be obtained from Pony Club HQ or viewed on the Pony Club website, www.pcuk.org. Classes will be run single phase.
16.No Substitution of entries after the closing date.
17.In the interests of safety and the smooth running of the event, all competitors and accompanying persons MUST follow the instructions of show officials, and this includes directions as to the parking of vehicles.
18.Horses/ponies tied to the outside of trailers/lorries must not be left unattended.
19.Please ensure that the area around your horse box/trailer is left clean and tidy and any droppings are removed! Tying of haynets on the outside of trailers/lorries is not permitted.
20.There will be no refund of entry fees without production of a doctor’s certificate or veterinary certificate within 7 days of the competition and any refunds made will be subject to a £5 administration fee. Refunds in full up to the closing date.
21.Entry to events at Berkshire College does not entitle riders or visitors to use other equestrian facilities, including the grass rides and the cross-country areas. Riders or visitors are not entitled to be anywhere on the estate other than the specific facilities hired for the Show. Anyone found on the estate will be banned from ALL future equestrian events at this venue.